Wednesday, March 08, 2006

TV withdrawal symptoms

Day minus 1

The signs are there already. The TV man said he's gonna collect the TV today, but we said today is not a good day. Of course, we didn't tell them about Desparate Housewives that was on tonight. So, they're planning to come tomorrow. No more excuses then. Hopefully it doesn't end up in a beach somewhere... but hey, i shouldn't care since i won't be seeing it any longer! Ooooo... the emotions begin... time for a cold shower...

Day 1

I thought the guys might come later, and let me watch the simpsons for the last time. But they came just as simpsons was about to start. So, i had to drop my dinner and unplug the tv. It felt more like unplugging myself from the TV! So i watched the 2 guys unceremoniously lift my TV out of the house. Not even a goodbye (that stupid box!)

And then, the clock starts ticking. Suddenly, there's so much time. I've spent the time quite productively packing my stuff away (after plenty of nagging from "u know who"). I'm amazed how much time i've spent staring at the stupid box. Withdrawal isn't so bad. Or so I say now...

Day 2-4

Time seemed to have increased. I'm early for my usual Friday badminton session. I don't even need to know what time is it now. I helped prepare food. I ate slowly. I am actually reading a book i've put off for ages. The bookmark in the middle of the book hasn't moved for more than a month. I can't believe my life, my timetable, was so dictated by that idiot box. And i dare to call the tv idiot! But the house has definitely gone quieter. No more background noise to contend with. I do have the radio on now. Low tech still has its use!
Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home