Friday, December 30, 2005

How not to cook

I was in the kitchen trying to make a meal, or rather the wife was in there first making a meal (i was only trying...). I find myself getting in the way all the time. I just told her that i should just leave the kitchen and let her get on. I can always help clean up later. Naturally, she wasn't convinced. So i told her about my shopping routine whenever we are in the women's section. It goes something like this...

Everytime i waited for her while she was in the changing room, i find myself standing at the wrong place. and the thing is, everywhere i stand is ALWAYS the wrong place to stand. There will be someone who wants to look at the shoe in front of me, so i move to the bag section, and there's someone trying to grab a bag which was obviously beyond her reach with me there, so i move to the dress section. and of course, someone will just try to squeeze in front of me to get that particular dress right at that time. the process becomes worse when i'm in the lingerie section. I sometimes stare at them not because i was looking at them, but i'm in deep thought about something else.. totally unrelated to lingerie of course! but u get that strange look that stares back at u to say "move away u pervie... i need to try on that bra"...

she laughed and totally bought the story. i'm off the hook for cooking!! for this meal anyway. now, i just need something fresh for tommorrow, and the day after, and the day after that....
Categories:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just cook some really yucky meals everytime you cook then she will automatically bans you from cooking :).

Tuesday, 10 January, 2006  
Blogger Shang Lee said...

to late for that now.. cooking was the "secret ingredient" i used when we were going out (it works by the way!!). of course, i can slowly "phase out" my skills, but i'm not sure she'll buy that!

Saturday, 14 January, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoho, then you just have to think that cooking is not just to feeding the stomach but as a 'secret ingredient' to please your wife. Perhaps you'll feel better that way :).

Saturday, 14 January, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home