Sunday, November 27, 2005

Chop chop!

Do you blink when you chop something? say a chicken or pork ribs? (sorry to all the vegans out there!) u know, things which require some strength to get through and it's easier by sending that chopper all the way from the top? of course, the second chop may not be where the first chop landed, but u get there in the end. that stubborn bit of tendon will finally give way...

but i tend to blink just before the chopper impacts (or during impact.. it's difficult to tell). it's sort of a reaction to fear, fear of loud noise? fear that the chopper might land wrongly.. (dread to think!) it's difficult not to blink, for me anyway. i've tried (really hard!) by keeping my eyes wide open. i think the wifey is scared more of the wide-opened eyes than the fact that i'm holding a chopper. in any case, it will be good if i can keep the eyes open to see where i'm chopping. any ideas?

of course, i would rather have my eyes closed all the way with an onion. or maybe goggles help. has anyone tried that?
Categories:

5 Comments:

Blogger mikanico said...

I have some experience on chopping chicken when I cook for myself in US. I used to use my eyes to focus on the line i wish to chop and raise the knife really high. And then, with a bit strength + speed + weigh of the knife, the chicken will just split into 2. But, remember don't your hand beside the chicken. Just chop it !

Surprisingly, u'll realize that the knife will go the place u focus the most.

Tuesday, 29 November, 2005  
Blogger Sum said...

I hate using the knife. Always worried that I will somehow kena my fingers, or any part of my body! I try not to hold a knife unless I really absolutely HAVE to. :) Guess I'm gonna be leaving all the chopping to my future husband. :P

Tuesday, 29 November, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Better open your eyes and see where the chopper is landing!

Onions, use machine :p

I wonder if a chicken chopping appliance would be popular? Maybe it could get dangerous...

Thursday, 01 December, 2005  
Blogger Shang Lee said...

thanks for all the suggestions. i don't think batting my eye lid at the nice man is going to go down well.. or i seriously hope not!!

the thing with machine is.. u have to wash it. i think i'm just lazy. chopping provides an outlet for pent up energy.. ;)

Thursday, 01 December, 2005  
Blogger mikanico said...

Oh perhaps... just hire someone to do the cooking or the dirty work... washing after the cook. ;p

Tuesday, 13 December, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home