Sunday, January 29, 2006

Life's little snippets

It's been a while since i've last posted, 11 days to be exact! I find it difficult to find the inspiration to write the things i want to write.

When i started this blog, my theme was to concentrate on life's little things, to remind me of the smallest things that happen when i'm busy with life itself. I want to remember the beauty of the littlest things, and not to be consumed by the more superficial beauty that's handed down by corporations. I want to be reminded that there's beauty in the dullest of things e.g. the bench i sat on with that special someone, the pavement i fell on which cause me some embarassment to the neighbours, not to mention some dead skin!

I feel that the littlest things normally have the most important message, a message that'll guide me good and guide me far in life. And if we choose to ignore these messages, we will choose to ignore life itself. I want to be reminded that the little things matter. Possibly to remind myself that although i'm a very small part of this world, i alone can make all the difference. I only need to believe enough in that commitment.

I guess i'm starting to realise that to pick up on the little things is a skill itself. It's difficult!! You have to be able to take the proverbial "step back" at each step. You have to be doing the things you're doing and yet be removed from it all at the same time so that you can actually see what you're doing, as if you're seeing yourself through someone else's eye.

My confidence wavered. i took short cuts. I put snippets of other people's views into my blog. I hope that'll generate more interest for my readers. But i don't feel good with what i write. And then i came across this person's blog . It reminds me of the importance of writing something original, writing something of value. I feel a new lease of life.

Hopefully, in this new year at least, i will remember to remind both myself and my readers of what's important in life. and with that, i wish everyone a Happy Woof Year! (it's the year of the dog in the chinese calendar!)
Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home